Picture
Today I whacked 3" off the seat post to lower the saddle to accommodate my stumpy legs. Jury is still out on the saddle. I rode a Brooks B17 on my last roadie and can see no reason to change except cost. Naturally comfort will be the deciding factor. The bike came with a Specialized Sport wireless speedometer. so after a hunt for a manual it's time to get some batteries and program that puppy! Wireless speedometer is installed and running. Set up was cake. Just the basic functions which is plenty for now.

Comments

10/18/2016 10:50pm

I remembered watching bike clips on the television and it was amazing. But little did I know that there are a lot of classifications of bikes for certain activities. As a guy who was quite out of shape, I worked hard to get my own mountain bike and it was awesome. I named her Dorothy because she was my first baby and yes, she was a girl. Wish you all the best on your bike life and keep on cruising those roads.

Author
04/11/2017 6:25pm

That's great to hear. Ride whatever you have I always say

07/19/2017 1:22am

I usually sit on the bike before measuring the circumference. Or subtract 20mm from the no seated measurement. I believe it is more precise this way. I think It would be interesting to see the accuracy of a simple bike computer compared to a garmin or gps device . Bike computers are becoming so popular now. I have had a simple bike computer for years. Can't do without one now! I don't like the wireless models, to many problems. I put a new lithium battery in each season to prevent data loss from a dead battery. They reset when you change the battery so you need to enter the wheel size input factor when you change it. Some models let you program the odometer to what ever you wish after you change the battery.

12/17/2016 7:41am

What bike do you have? Is it Giant or not? I'm searching for a good bike now)

Fatmanonabike
04/11/2017 6:38pm

The roadie is a Specialized Allez. Got a great deal from a buddy at work. It's an entry level with Sora components and drive train with a triple crank. He put an $800 wheel set on it, rode 1 MS150 and sold it to me for $500.

My cruiser is a Trek 7.2 FX wit lots of upgrades. Old Man Mountain front and rear racks, Brooks B68 saddle, a self built rear wheel, front dynamo hub and lighting system.

Your bike looks fantastic! Is your bicycle expensive? Tell me about it, please.

Fatmanonabike
04/11/2017 6:59pm

Well expensive is a relative term. My cruiser(blue bike) is a Trek 7.2 FX 7-8 years old(?) I'd have never spent initially what it has come to cost. The stock bike sold for about $450. I've since added an upgraded rear derraileur, Brooks B68 saddle ($120), Old Man Mountain front and rear racks $250, dynamo front wheel and lighting system $400. Most of my upgrades will survive the death of the bike and move to the next iteration. However with over 7000 miles on it that bike may well out live me.

My roadie (white bike) was purchased second hand from a good friend at work. It's a Specialized Allez as equipped, it's an entry level road bike probably $1000-$1200 new. A tremendous bargain for the $500 I paid for it. The wheel set alone listed for $800 when purchased. Comparatively superlight deluxe road bikes start around $3000 and the sky's the limit.

02/07/2017 4:54pm

Nice bike and speedometer! I believe that sports play an important role in the physical and mental development of an individual and everyone should participate in sports in order to be healthy and physically fit. I consider cycling as my favorite pastime. I believe that cycling can be regarded as one of my qualities as I have participated in different competitions and in certain cases I achieved a lot. Cycling can be considered as my past time but I do cycling in order to be physically fit.

02/25/2017 6:22am

If you are considering a VPN router, or a virtual private network router, deployment in your home or home office, then you have come to the right article. You will find here five components you want to make sure to include when you are configuring your VPN router connection to the internet.

08/24/2017 3:01am

Cycling is considered the best and easiest exercise. There are many kinds of bicycles available in the market which are especially meant for the sports purposes. This sports bike is having an additional feature of speedometer which is indeed commendable.